Amazon Prime Music
Posted on September 25 2018
Amazon Prime Music Now Available on Musica!
We’re very excited to announce our newest streaming feature NOW AVAILABLE on Musica: AMAZON PRIME MUSIC! The software update for this feature has been issued to all Musicas throughout North America.* ENJOY the MUSIC!
- Free with your existing Amazon Prime account or Amazon Music Unlimited membership
- Over 2 million songs and more than a thousand playlists and stations programmed by Amazon's music experts
- Integrated streaming with superior sound through our expertly-designed, high-fidelity music system
- Group with other Como Audio models to play throughout your home
- Easy control with the free Como Control app for iOS and Android or the Musica remote
*The update for non-North American Musicas is set to roll out soon. Thank you for your patience as we worked through this longer-than-expected process. We hope this addition of Amazon Prime Music further enhances your listening experience.
Need help setting up this new feature? No problem! Check out our how-to instructional video or read below for step-by-step written instructions.
To take advantage of this new feature on Musica, you must be an Amazon Prime member and have our free Como Control app installed on your phone or other smart device. You will be asked to enter your Amazon account login information such as your email address and password, so make sure you have that at the ready. This process takes just a few minutes, and once you go through this initial set-up you won’t need to do it again unless you log out of the app.
- If you haven’t seen a message on your Musica’s display by now, you can manually trigger the update by going into System settings > Software update > Check now. Please be sure the Musica’s power cord doesn’t get unplugged during the update or it will cause a problem with the software.
- Once the software update is completed on your Musica, with Musica switched on, change the source mode to Amazon Music by rotating the Source knob or by pressing the Source button on the remote control (that’s the button with 3 horizontal lines) and selecting Amazon Music. Musica’s display will direct you to open the Como Control app*.
- Launch the Como Control app on your smart device and select your Musica.
- Once opened and in Amazon Music mode, the Como Control app will show “Select something to play from here.” Select the “Browse” tab and then log in to your Amazon account with the correct information. After you log in, you can make your listening selections using the Como Control app or using the Musica’s center knob or remote.
- If you like what you hear you can save it as a preset. Per Amazon, the Amazon Music Playlist or other category will always start from the beginning whenever the preset is pressed.
*Per Amazon, this new integrated feature does not support the Amazon Music, Alexa, or other Amazon-related apps.
Our other models do not currently have Amazon Prime Music. However, if you own other Como Audio models besides Musica, you can group them and play Amazon Prime Music throughout your home, even though the other models don’t have Amazon Music.
As always, we encourage you to contact us directly with any questions. Email us at email@example.com, or call toll-free within the US at (844) 644-8606, Mon–Fri, 9 to 5pm EST.
We hope this addition of Amazon Prime Music further enhances your listening experience!
Como Audio V.P. of Product Development