After we launched our first smart speaker systems in 2016, we heard from many happy customers who asked for a portable version. We listened and we acted. Amico, or “friend” in Italian, is the result. Amico is based on our best-selling and highly acclaimed Solo, but adds some notable extras like a real teak wood veneer for weather resistance, a nearly ½” marine-grade plywood substrate for additional moisture protection, a slip-resistant bottom silicone pad, a custom 2200mAh rechargeable LI-ion battery providing 8 hours of playback time, a 100-240V external power supply, a rear bass port that doubles as the carry handle, and anodized aluminum knobs that extend an additional 4 mm for easier use.
Now you can take your musical concierge with you on your deck, in the garage, by a pool, in a park, camping, on a boat…just about anywhere. If WiFi isn’t available you can still take advantage of Amico’s FM tuner, DAB/DAB+ (in Europe), wireless Bluetooth streaming with Qualcomm’s aptX for audio, and the USB and auxiliary input. Designed by Como Audio founder and audio legend Tom DeVesto, its striking appearance, real teak wood veneer, and high fidelity sound instantly sets it apart from all other portable music systems on the market. The included 2200 mA rechargeable Li-Ion battery provides an average 8 hours of continuous playback on a full charge, enough for most outdoor events. The convenient carry “handle” is cleverly disguised as the rear bass port. Not the outdoors type? Amico’s portability means you can easily move it about your home from room to room wherever you decide you want your music at that moment. And since it is made by Como Audio, it will work with the existing free Como Control iOS and Android apps, other Como Audio music systems in your home, and indeed other Amicos. When you want your music to go, think Amico!
- Selectable analog or digital clock display; Time/date will update automatically via WiFi.
- TFT color display (2.8"): Beautifully reproduces Spotify album art and station logos from Internet radio and DAB stations (EU model only). Also allows control without having to use the app or remote.
- Remote control: Controls many major functions yet remains compact.
- Free iOS & Android Como Control app: Use your phone or tablet to change volume, source, presets, equalization, tune stations, and control multi-room functions.
- DAB/DAB+ (European version): Over 20 countries outside North America support DAB or DAB+ broadcasting including stations broadcasting in the AAC codec, and the list keeps growing.
- FM RDS: RDS provides song, artist, and radio station information (where available).
- Internet Radio: 30,000+ free stations and Podcasts from around the world in static-free sound.
- Multi-room capable: Place Amico and other Como Audio music systems throughout your home and control them all with our app. Have up to 5 units per zone (# of zones depends on user's WiFi network). Have them all play the same source or control them individually.
- Bluetooth 4.1 A2DP with aptX audio and AAC: Bluetooth allows wireless music streaming, displaying artist and song information, while aptX and AAC provides CD-like sound quality over Bluetooth (from enabled devices).
- NFC: Just touch your smart device to Amico to pair and connect...eliminates the need for traditional Bluetooth pairing and connecting (using enabled devices).
- Spotify Connect: Allows Spotify's 30+ million worldwide premium subscribers to stream from 30+ million songs directly from Spotify's servers, not from a phone or tablet, resulting in uninterrupted music and maximizing battery time.
- DLNA Version 1.5: Wirelessly stream music from your enabled PC/Mac or NAS.
- Music player allows easy navigation and playback through a USB or network-shared library of music files including AAC+, MP3, WMA, WAV, FLAC, and ALAC.
- USB input: For music playback from a USB flash drive and other mass storage devices. This USB jack will also trickle charge many smart phones.
- UpnP: Wirelessly stream music from your computer via your existing WiFi network without the need for separate bridges or modules.
- One high res audio auxiliary input supports up to 24 bit/192KHz.
- Google Chromecast for Audio-ready and Amazon Alexa-ready (Echo, Dot, etc.): Connect the analog output to the Auxiliary input. Alternately, the Echo and Dot can be connected wirelessly via Bluetooth using the Amazon Alex app.
- 18VDC/2.8A, 100-240V, 50/60Hz adapter included: Operate Amico from the battery or the adapter. Connect the adapter to charge the battery.
- Class D digital amplifier: 30 watts per channel RMS, enough power to faithfully reproduce your music indoors or out.
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP): Customized so the Amico can provide the most accurate sound reproduction for its size and power.
- Software updates over WiFi: Convenient, fast, and free, keeps your investment up-to-date.
- Dual independent alarms with scheduling options plus snooze and sleep timer with multiple alarm source options including Internet radio, FM, Auxiliary, etc. (not USB).
- Works with 802.11a/b/g/n & 2.4/5GHz routers
- Transducers: 19mm soft dome tweeters for extended high end response. Custom 3″ long-throw, 4-layer voice coil woofers with over-sized magnets result in exceptional bass.
- Telescoping external DAB/FM antenna
- Consumes 1 watt maximum in standby; Consumes 37 watts at full volume (38 watts with Amica connected).
- Dimensions 9.53”/242 mm H x 5.87”/149 mm D (incl. adapter strain relief) x 4.88”/124 mm W
- Weight 4.5lbs/2.06kg
Whole House Control
Multi-room began life as Multi-zone, and depending on the system, may have required a custom installer to install it and “train” the customer how to use it. For those wanting a simpler solution, place our models in different rooms, download our free App, and you’ll soon be enjoying music throughout your home. Control your music anywhere, from anywhere. Play different sources in any room or sync all the rooms together to play the same thing. It’s multi-room on your terms.
“A” is for Apple…and Android. Whichever you use, we have the App for you. The free Como Control App for iOS and Android converts your smart device into a wireless, touch screen controller for your Solo or Duetto. Let your fingers do the walking and access functions like power, volume, tuning, presets, sources, EQ, play/pause, view Internet station logos and Spotify album art, see meta data, and coordinate multi-room sound (if you have multiple models throughout your home). You can also set the time, activate the Sleep timer, and perform a Factory reset, all without having to use the controls on the unit. Control freaks, we have you covered.
Some audio products on the market that come with an App often do not also include a remote control. At Como Audio, we recognize there may be times when a dedicated remote can come in handy, so we include one with every Como Audio music system. Duplicating many of the front panel functions and offering a few new ones, the remote provides control for power, volume, mute, ‘now playing’ information, source selection, setting alarms, menu access, tuning, play/pause/track control, saving Internet station Favorites, and even turning the backlight off in standby. Our remote strikes the perfect balance between functionality and simplicity (and it looks cute, too).